LH North Ltd. is a heavy civil construction company based in Northwestern Ontario specializing in building and designing world-class infrastructure such as bridges, roads, deep foundations, and underground water networks. With over 15 years of experience, LH North continues to expand its fleet of cranes, heavy duty trucks, construction equipment and vehicles. Due to our expanding workload LH North Ltd. is currently seeking an applicant for Surveyor.
We offer competitive wages including pension and benefits along with a safe and progressive work environment.
- Complete on-site surveys for various construction projects accurately and efficiently, with periodic reviews of record keeping, field procedures and survey audits
- Record and maintain daily field notes of survey activities with effective communication from field to office
- Liaison with supervisors, clients, consultants and sub-trades to ensure compliance with project specifications
- Install survey stake locations, such as right of way limits, pile locations and cut-offs and site grading
- Effectively communicate and maintain strong relations with clients, drafters, project managers and supervisors
- Perform construction layout using GPS, total station and level
- Work in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to achieve efficient and safe work environment
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced environment complex environment with attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow-up
- Preferred to have completed diploma in Surveying, Geomatics, Civil Engineering, or related field
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, similar platforms, etc.
- Previous experience in a construction environment with construction skills/knowledge an asset
- Experience with WBCMS/Microsoft Office an asset
- Engineering and design build experience
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills, good attendance, sound computer knowledge
- Ability to review and understand plans and specifications, familiarity with OPSS and MTO specifications an asset
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail or in person: 4 Cooper Road, Rosslyn, ON P7K 0E3
- Fax: (807) 623-0421
We thank you for your interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. LH North Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities and encourage applicants selected for an interview to notify us of any accommodations required.