LH North Ltd. is a heavy civil construction company based in Northwestern Ontario specializing in building and designing world-class infrastructure such as bridges, roads, deep foundations, and underground water networks.
With over 17 years of experience, LH North continues to expand its fleet of cranes, heavy duty trucks, construction equipment and vehicles. Due to our expanding workload, LH North Ltd. is currently seeking applications for Civil Technician / Crane Rentals Coordinator.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Guided by the Senior Operations Team, work with in-house software for the accurate quoting, monitoring, and invoice preparation relating to crane rental projects
- Prepare civil design drawings per industry standards, under direction of Company Engineer
- Assist project managers with project execution during all phases of construction
- Assist in procurement pursuits and bid investigations under direction of the Estimating and Operations Team
- Provide general assistance to the Operations Team in order to receive mentorship and well-rounded exposure and training in the civil-construction and crane-rental industries.
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced and complex environments with ability to maintain focus and meet deadlines.
- Completed diploma in Surveying, Geomatics, Civil Engineering, or related field preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, similar platforms, etc.
- High level of dependability with technical competence and attention to detail
- Strong technical writing skills and ability to communicate information clearly
- Experience with CMS/Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures in the construction industry
- Passion and enthusiasm for heavy-equipment and its respective capabilities
- Field experience working in construction and/or surveying an asset
- Familiarity with OPSS and MTO specifications an asset
- Valid G-class Drivers License (preferred)
- Ability to occasionally travel to job sites across Northern Ontario
- Competitive wages including pension and benefits, along with a safe and progressive work environment.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Mail or in person: 4 Cooper Road. Rosslyn, ON P7E 0E3
- Fax: (807) 623-0421
We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. LH North Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to accommodate the needs of persons with disabilities and encourage applicants selected for an interview to notify us of any accommodations required.